David Rio Chai Banana Bread
1/2 C David Rio chai powder
(use Power Chai® OR Tiger Spice Chai®)
1 stick butter (softened)
3/4 C sugar
1/4 C milk
1 3/4 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 bananas (peeled & mashed)
Optional: You can add 1/2 c nuts and/or a cup of chocolate chips to the recipe for fun and flavor!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. With a sifter or fine mesh strainer, sift the flour, and baking soda, baking powder into a large bowl; these are the DRY ingredients.
2. In a different large bowl, mix the softened butter and sugar together. Once mixed, add the egg, chai powder and milk, and mix thoroughly.
3. Put mashed bananas in the same bowl and mix well.
These are the WET ingredients.
4. Next, add the DRY ingredients to the WET ingredients. Optional: Stir in nuts or chocolate chips and mix.
5. Pour in greased pan. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let the chai bread cool in pan for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Toucan Mango Chai Cookies
w/White Chocolate Chips
1/2 C Toucan Mango chai powder
1/2 C or 1 stick salted butter (Softened)
1 C sugar
1 1/2 C flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 C white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. With a sifter or fine mesh strainer, sift the flour and baking soda into a large bowl; these are the DRY ingredients.
2. In a different large bowl, mix together the softened butter, sugar and chai. Once mixed, add the egg and mix thoroughly. These are the WET ingredients.
3. Next, add the DRY ingredients to the WET ingredients about 1/2 cup at a time until fully mixed. Stir in the white chocolate chips.
4. Place spoon size droplets onto a non-stick, ungreased cookie sheet. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes until gently browned. Let cool and enjoy!
Giraffe Decaf Cutie Cupcakes
For the cake:
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
1 C sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
6 tsp David Rio Giraffe Decaf
1 1/4 C plain flour, sifted
1/2 C buttermilk
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
For the buttercream frosting:
2 stick (1 cup) butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-3/4 C powdered sugar, sifted
6 tsp Giraffe Decaf
For the cake:
1. Mix spices together in small bowl. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the vanilla and beat in one egg at a time. Stir in Giraffe Decaf powdered chai.
3. Add the flour and buttermilk alternately and mix until combined; donít over mix.
4. Mix the baking soda and vinegar together and then mix into the batter.
5. Spoon into prepared cupcake liners until 3/4 full and bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
For the buttercream:
1. In a stand mixer, beat the butter until it is creamy. On low, mix in the vanilla and the 6 tsp of Giraffe Decaf powdered chai.
2. Carefully beat in the powdered sugar about 1/2 cup at a time. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes with your favorite frosting tip.