Chai on Ice
1. Add 3 Tablespoons of David Rio chai to about 2-3 ounces of
hot water or milk/milk substitute and stir.
2. Pour over a cup of ice. Some of the ice will melt from
the hot water.
3. Add another 1/2 cup of water or milk/milk substitute
and a little more ice.
4. Stir and serve.
(You may also prepare a pitcher of chai ahead of time, keep chilled, then stir and pour over ice when serving.)
Ice Blended Chai
1. Start with 1/2 cup milk.
2. Add 5 Tablespoons of powdered chai.
3. Add about 8 oz. of ice.
4. Blend well until smooth.
5. Top with whipped cream if desired.
Variation: Try adding a shot of your favorite flavored syrup, espresso or chocolate powder.
Blended Chai Smoothie w/Fruit
1. Start with about 1/2 cup of water or milk/milk substitute.
2. Add 4 Tablespoons of chai.
3. Add one banana (or use 1/4 cup of blueberries or any other fruit of choice).
4. Add about 8 oz. of ice.
5. Blend well until smooth.
Variation: Use David Rio's Toucan Mango Chai and fresh mangoes for a delicious, refreshing treat .
Ice Blended Chaigurt
Place all ingredients together in blender.
1. Use 1 cup of vanilla yogurt. (Greek yogurt recommended for thick consistency.)
2. Then add 6 Tablespoons (2 scoops) of Tortoise Green Tea chai or ANY David Rio chai powder.
3. Add 1 1/2 cups of ice cubes.
4. Blend on high speed for about 30 seconds and serve.
OPTIONAL : For a spiked version, add 1 - 2 shots of Cointreau Orange Liqueur .
Watch the video of Rio making this on the David Rio YouTube Channel