Chai on Ice
1. Add 3 Tablespoons of David Rio chai to about 2-3 ounces of
hot water or milk/milk substitute and stir.
2. Pour over a cup of ice. Some of the ice will melt from
the hot water.
3. Add another 1/2 cup of water or milk/milk substitute
and a little more ice.
4. Stir and serve.
(You may also prepare a pitcher of chai ahead of time, keep chilled, then stir and pour over ice when serving.)
Ice Blended Chai
1. Start with 1/2 cup milk.
2. Add 5 Tablespoons of powdered chai.
3. Add about 8 oz. of ice.
4. Blend well until smooth.
5. Top with whipped cream if desired.
Variation: Try adding a shot of your favorite flavored syrup, espresso or chocolate powder.
Blended Chai Smoothie with Fruit
1. Start with about 1/2 cup of water or milk/milk substitute.
2. Add 4 Tablespoons of chai.
3. Add one banana (or use 1/4 cup of blueberries or any other fruit of choice).
4. Add about 8 oz. of ice.
5. Blend well until smooth.
Variation: Use David Rio's Toucan Mango Chai and fresh mangoes for a delicious, refreshing treat .
Ice Blended Chaigurt
Place all ingredients together in blender.
1. Use 1 cup of vanilla yogurt. (Greek yogurt recommended for thick consistency.)
2. Then add 6 Tablespoons (2 scoops) of Tortoise Green Tea chai or ANY David Rio chai powder.
3. Add 1 1/2 cups of ice cubes.
4. Blend on high speed for about 30 seconds and serve.
OPTIONAL : For a spiked version, add 1 - 2 shots of Cointreau Orange Liqueur .
Watch the video of Rio making this on the David Rio YouTube Channel
6 ounces unsweetened plain yogurt
4 ounces frozen yogurt powder base
4 tablespoons Tiger Spice Chai®
9 ounces ice
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Makes one 16 serving.
1 cup uncooked white long-grain rice
5 cups water
1 cup Tortoise Green Tea™ Chai (or your favorite David Rio Chai)
Combine rice and water in a blender. Blend until the rice just begins to break up, about 1 minute. Let rice and water stand at room temperature for a minimum of 3 hours.
Strain the rice mixture into a pitcher, reserving the liquid and discarding the solids. Stir chai into the rice liquid. Chill and stir before serving over ice. If desired, garnish with matcha powder.
Makes one 16 serving.
Chai Ice Cream
10 ounces whole milk, divided
3 ounces granulated sugar
4 ounces David Rio Chai
9 ounces heavy cream
Special equipment: ice cream maker
In a small saucepan, combine half of the whole milk, sugar, and chai. Heat over low heat until sugar and chai are completely dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for about 15 minutes.
Add the remainder of the milk and heavy cream. Stir to combine. Freeze mixture in ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions.
Makes 1 quart.