Add 2-3 tablespoons of David Rio chai to 7 ounces of hot water (or milk/milk substitute). Stir and enjoy.
(For coffeehouse preparation, we recommend adding David Rio chai to hot water, mix well, then add steamed milk heated by the steam wand on the espresso machine.)
Chai on Ice
1. Add 3 tablespoons of David Rio chai to about 2-3 ounces of hot water or milk/milk substitute and stir.
2. Pour over a cup of ice. Some of the ice will melt from the hot water.
3. Add another 1/2 cup of water or milk/milk substitute and a little more ice.
4. Stir and serve.
(You may also prepare a pitcher of chai ahead of time, keep chilled, then stir and pour over ice when serving.)
Ice Blended Chai
1. Start with 1/2 cup milk.
2. Add 5 tablespoons of powdered chai.
3. Add about 8 oz. of ice.
4. Blend well until smooth.
5. Top with whipped cream if desired.
Variation: Try adding a shot of your favorite flavored syrup, espresso or chocolate powder.
1. Add 2 – 2 ½ tablespoons of David Rio chai to 8 ounces of hot water, milk, or milk substitute. Add more less chai as needed.
2. Add ½ oz of coconut syrup.
3. Stir and enjoy.
White Shark Chai Cocktail
1½ tablespoons of White Shark Chai™
1 ounce hot water (30 ml)
0.5 ounce (15 ml) of condensed milk
0.5 ounce (15 ml) heavy whipping cream
1½ ounce (44 ml) vodka
Place chai in a cup. Add the 1 ounce of hot water and stir to dissolve chai. Then pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake very well. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and serve.
White Shark Chai™ Panna Cotta
1 packet (7g) gelatin
3 tablespoons water
1½ cups + 1 cup whole milk
½ cups White Shark Chai™
OPTIONAL: 2 tablespoons rum
In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over the water. Set aside.
In a saucepan, heat 1½ cups of milk to almost boiling. Turn off heat and stir in chai until incorporated. Stir in the gelatin mixture until completely dissolved. Add the remaining 1 cup of milk and mix. If using, stir in rum.
Set saucepan into an ice bath, being careful not to get any water into the milk mixture. Stir until mixture thickens and the chai spices remain suspended instead of sinking to the bottom. Pour into serving cups and chill in refrigerator until set.
Makes 4 - 5 servings.